How to Convert DWG files to PDF
How to convert DWG files to open in Revu
Autodesk AutoCAD™, Autodesk Revit™, or other CAD software
Converting DWG™ files to PDF
Revu uses PDF as its standard file format. Before opening your DWG files in Revu, you will need to convert your files to PDF.
If you have CAD software installed on your computer and are using Revu CAD/eXtreme, then creating a PDF via the Bluebeam plugin will allow you to open your desired files in Revu.
If you do not have CAD software installed on your computer, begin by downloading the free DWG viewer, DWG Trueview, from the Autodesk website. Once installed:
- Open the desired DWG file in DWG Trueview.
- Click Print. The Print dialog box appears.
- Under the printer/plotter area, click the Name box and select Bluebeam PDF.
- Click OK. The Save as dialog box appears.
- Place the file in your desired location and click Save.
Your DWG file is now converted to PDF and will open in Revu.